the joy of playing music is equaled only by the
joy of teaching others to do it."
Chase Sanborn is a mainstay of the
bustling Toronto music scene and a member of the jazz faculty at the
University of Toronto, Chase is well known as the author of a series
of educational books, DVDs and CDs (Jazz Tactics, Brass Tactics,
Tuning Tactics, Music Business Tactics).
As a guest artist, Chase Sanborn offers powerful and refined trumpet
playing, a wealth of professional experience, a unique ability to
express complex ideas in a simple way, a sense of humor, and a pure
and simple joy for passing on information about the music he loves.
During a typical guest artist appearance, Chase presents a series of
clinics, each one tailored to the information in his books. This
allows him to focus his presentation, while covering a lot of ground
in a short period of time.
Chase encourages students to become the best musicians they can be
by letting them experience how much fun it can be. There are usually
a few laughs at a Chase Sanborn session, along with inspiration and
encouragement for everyone.
• “Chase Sanborn’s passion for music is
obvious. His performance was an inspiration to hundreds of festival
• “Chase addresses the needs of developing musicians in a manner that is
understandable and relevant. My students were thrilled to work with
a musician who understands their learning curve.”
• “Jazz Tactics is packed with honesty and humor. It speaks to all
musicians regardless of age and experience, with the vitality and
spirit of a live teaching session.”
• “Brass Tactics conveys the concentrated essence of years of instruction.
It offers authoritative instruction, balanced with sage
• “Tuning Tactics teaches you to listen. It explains, in an easy to
understand way, the complexities of intonation. I’ve witnessed
strong improvement in my students’ awareness of pitch.”
• “Music Business Tactics will help you succeed in music and in life.
Chase Sanborn gets right to the heart of what you need to know. This
is a must-read for every musician, regardless of instrument or
• “I think Chase Sanborn could teach anything to anybody!”
For more information, visit Chase Sanborn's
Guest Artist web page.